Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday is Where-It's-At

I'm thinking of implementing more of a schedule for my blog (hence the "____ day of week" posts recently).  It may or may not last, but if you've been wondering what the heck I'm doing, that's the deal. ;)  (Don't worry, I still fully plan to go on random Cayla rants.)

These days I'm frequenting quite a few blogs and websites, and I want to share some of my favorite articles with you.

"Where-It's-At":
  • Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

As I posted on Twitter, this article really made me think.  How accomodating is the literary world to those with disabilities?
  • Smart Bitches, Trashy Books (again - SBTB for the win!)

If this isn't awesome, I don't know what is:  "As usual, if you use SBTBARE at checkout, you will get a 50% eBook Bucks Rebate at AllRomance.com, the official sponsor of the Sizzling Book Club."
Cheryl Rainfield, author of Scars, hosts this wonderful website where you are encouraged to share your struggles and/or stories of abuse.  I know that this website will become a safe haven for people dealing with difficult situations.
  • YA Highway

YA Highway is hosting a giveaway of Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard.  The entry deadline is March 19th, so get over there!!!
  • Write Anything

Lastly, for you writers out there - read this article, and don't be afraid of your vocabulary!

I almost constantly link to sites and articles I'm enjoying through my Twitter account (@CaylaKL - still trying to combat the impersonator debacle!) so if you like these posts, you may want to become a follower.  There's another post coming up soon, either later today or tomorrow, about Avon of all things, so check back!

Thanks for reading,

Cayla

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Hey Cayla--thanks for linking to my post on Write Anything. I'm going to have to check back here to experience a 'cayla rant'. Sounds ominous!

Cheryl said...

Cayla--thank you so very much for mentioning my Scars blog for people dealing with abuse and self-harm, or who read Scars! That was so lovely of you; I really appreciate it! I do hope it turns into a safe haven, like you said, for many.