Saturday, March 19, 2011

Celebrity Saturday: Meet David Andino

He's been a friend of mine since I met him after his performance of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and he agreed to play King Adrik in a promo video for the self-published edition of Legacy.  Sometimes he goes by David, sometimes by D, sometimes by Dino, and sometimes he prefers to be called Ezio (when we're playing Assassin's Creed).  But he's always a bursting bubble of personality --  you will never meet someone more fun and fantastic than David Andino.  And so everyone... meet David!



Cayla: Welcome, Dino! You are an actor. How frequently do you get asked what restaurant you work in?

David: I've actually never been asked that, oddly. However, I have asked several actors that question... while they were working... in a restaurant.

Cayla: Have you always loved acting?

David: I have. But not always theatre... my first love of acting was from film... Grease and Die Hard. Awesome films.


David as Martin in "The Professionals"

Cayla: What initially drew you to the profession?

David: I realized I could goof off in front of a bunch of people and not get detention for it.

Cayla: You have a fabulous singing voice as well. What kind of training have you had?

David: Why, thanks. My training up through high school was Stevie Wonder, The Lion King soundtrack, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey. When I got to college they forced me into voice lessons...but I still studied my way at home. Ha.



Cayla: Do you ever get nervous before performances?

David: I don't. I usually get nervous leading up to performance day...but when that day comes, I usually just ride the cool wave... of cool.

Cayla: You were recently in New York for "The Dude Hates Cancer". Could you tell us a little about what that entailed, and what the experience was like?

David: It was amazing. I was asked to perform a bunch of songs in front of a bunch of people I didn't know. When that opportunity comes, its refreshing because its like you're starting over again. It's exhilarating. It was my first ever performance in NY and it was a blast. I plan to move out there soon!

Cayla: What was your favorite show to be a part of, and why?

David: My favorite would have to be Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead because I was cast opposite my buddy Harry. And we have been working together for years...its like all our hard work led to this show. I'll never forget that. Harry, Luh you dawg.



Cayla: Is it true that your family once deep-fried a turkey?

David: They've done it twice. No fires. Kinda.

Cayla: Since most visitors to this blog are readers, what are some of your favorite books?

David: True Grit, Green Eggs and Ham, and anything Crichton.

Cayla: Your favorite theatre shows?

David: Pillowman. Glengarry Glen Ross. Ragtime. Les Miserables. Urinetown.

Cayla: Can you clue us into what you're working on right now?

David: I'm currently doing Rent in Las Vegas at Green Valley Ranch. We play Wednesdays at 8:00 pm in Ovation! I play Collins. Yes... I kiss a dude.

Cayla: Is there anything you'd like to add as a finishing touch?

David: Raul sucks peace. (Anyone who knows me will get that.)

You can find and follow David on the following sites:

YouTube
Filmaka
IMDB

Make sure you check out those links, and if you're anywhere in the vicinity of Vegas... stop in and see David as Collins in Rent!



Thank you so much to David for being here today -- peace out, y'all!

<3 Cayla

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

I've heard of deep frying a turkey. How'd it turn out?

Good interview. Thanks.