Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hot British Sniper

For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE crime show buff.  Dork.  Loser.  Whatever you want to call me, I don't care, because I L-O-V-E my crime shows.

I watch Law & Order (SVU is my favorite, and the seasons of the original with Jessie L. Martin and Chris Noth).  CSI, naturally.  NY is my favorite on that front, but I have some serious love for Horatio Caine.  My younger sister is a red-head and every time she sees David Caruso with those sunglasses she puts a fist in the air and says, "GINGER. POWER."  I need to watch the original; I haven't gotten to it yet.  How crazy is that???


Shades of Justice.

But perhaps my favorite crime show of all is Criminal Minds.  There isn't a single character on that show I dislike (unless I'm supposed to dislike them; point being, all the characters are fantastically written), and the episode plots never fail.  Some crime shows fall into a pattern, but I've found Criminal Minds to be consistently surprising and unpredictable, as well as just plain riveting.  If you don't watch it... watch it.

A lot of you probably know that there's now a Criminal Minds spin-off called Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.  Only one episode has aired (in addition to the introductory episode in season 5 of the original show), but I fully plan to adore every moment of this show, not only because I trust the writers and producers explicitly, but because of this:


Hot British Sniper

No, go ahead.  Click that image and make it bigger.  That, my dear readers, is Mick Rawson, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior's hot British sniper.  I'm not even kidding.

I would like to take this moment to thank the creators of CM for supplying me with a hot british sniper to watch and admire every week.  Not to mention, he is on a gritty, hard-core crime show that takes no prisoners and holds no punches.  If you're into either of those things, check out Suspect Behavior, and its predecessor.

Love to all,

Cayla

4 comments:

Emily Liz said...

You may have heard of my obsession with the show Sherlock via a mutual friend, but I highly recommend it if you're into crime shows. The premise is Sherlock Holmes in the 21st century, and it was written by total Holmes nerds, so there are in-jokes galore. Sherlock is played by the delicious, obscenely talented Benedict Cumberbatch. His pricey wardrobe is basically a supporting character. The show is only 3 90min episodes, but each is like a movie, and the ending of the last episode is one of the greatest (most awful, most wonderful) cliff-hangers in TV history. Thankfully THANKFULLY there's more coming this autumn. So if you haven't checked it out yet, you have to. Your whole family will love it.

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSQq_bC5kIw

Scene from the last episode -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj9HuaoU1Wo

Best thing yet? Cumberbatch is a ginger out of character. http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/sLIrbWbA360/National+Lottery+Awards+2010+Arrivals/qFzIJvCaPlP/Benedict+Cumberbatch *nods* :D

Cayla Kluver said...

EMILY I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!!!!! But I did NOT know that delicious Mr. Benedict Cumberbatch was a ginger. I must share this with Kendra at once! :D :D

Anonymous said...

Maybe you haven't watched the show but he is Welsh. Calling him British is pretty much an insult!

Cayla Kluver said...

Right you are haha! I actually did know that, just didn't think about it way back when I posted this I guess. Lol, apologies to Mick Rawson/Matt Ryan!