Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Foreign Deals and Offkey Polls

Hey everybody,

I'm back with some updates and fun stuff! I announced a lot of this on my Facebook fan page, but I can't remember how much of it made it over to the blog, so I'm posting it all here just to make sure.

Legacy has now been sold in one, two, and three-book deals to Vietnam, Turkey, Taiwan, and France, which is exceedingly exciting. I feel like a broken record thanking these people so much, but gratitude once again goes to Taryn Fagerness, foreign rights agent extraordinaire, and my own agent, Kevan Lyon. I also want to thank all the foreign publishers who are taking an interest -- I'm thrilled to have been given the chance to work with all of you, and to soon be able to see Legacy in so many different languages!!

As you may have already noticed, I renamed my blog "Offkey" (instead of "Cayla's Author Blog", which, let's face it, was really boring). The new name has some personal significance for me, but in truth, this is the story behind it: it started off as "Offbeat" because, well, I'm what you might call a free spirit. From there, my younger sister suggested "Offkey" because I love singing so much, and apparently offkey is usually what I am. Thanks, Kendra. :)

If you look in the sidebar, you'll see that I've started up polls again! When I was promoting the self-published version of Legacy, I had a new poll here every month, but I stopped when the Encore deal came about. Now that the hardcover edition has been out for a while, I think it'd be great to return to getting feedback from and interacting with readers that way.

I also want to (again) remind anyone who might have an interest that I'm still answering questions on my Facebook fan page (check the discussion tab). Head on over!

Other than that, I've been writing Redemption like crazy, and I finished the last round of edits I'll be doing solo on Allegiance this week. I did a little Snoopy dance in celebration.

Thanks so much for stopping in!

Cayla

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Est-ce que tu as une livre en francais? Je veux bien un copie pour mes filles. Elles adorent le premiere livre mais c'est difficile a comprend parce-que c'est en anglais.

Merci! J'adore!

Aussi, vous etes le meillure jeune ecrivain que j'ai lire.

Joanna Marie said...

Cool... :-D I am so looking forward to the next two books. :-D I am psyched. :-D